In 'Panini' by Melanie Barnard
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup diced unpeeled granny smith apple
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices firm cornbread, 1/2 inch thick
- 1Add walnuts to a small, dry skillet over med-low heat.
- 2Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted and fragrant, 5-7 minutes; watch carefully, as they can burn quickly.
- 3Transfer immediately to a cutting board to cool, then chop coarsely.
- 4In a bowl, stir together the mayo, mustard, lemon juice, and curry powder.
- 5Stir in the chicken, toasted walnuts, onion, raisins, celery, apple, and chopped mint.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Let the chicken salad stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend (alternatively, cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours; return to room temperature before assembling the panini).
- 8Preheat a sandwich grill; put the cornbread on the grill, close the top plate, and cook until golden and toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- 9Place 2 pieces of the toasted bread on each of 2 individual plates.
- 10Heat the chicken salad on the bread, dividing it evenly, and serve right away.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Salad on Grilled Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.7
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.9 mg
- Sodium 422.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: