Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Excellent as an appetizer or snack.
Make and share this Curried Chicken Salad on a Poppadum Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise (or regular if desired)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1⁄3 cup salted roasted cashews, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- pappadams, disks (likely found at your favorite Italian eatery or market(preferably cooked)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, toasted
- Chicken salad:.
- Combine curry powder and coconut milk in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Let cool.
- In a medium bowl combine shredded chicken and red onion.
- Add mayonnaise and curry/coconut milk mix.
- Stir until mixed.
- Add the diced mango, cashews and cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Poppadum Disks (if uncooked):.
- Heat peanut oil in small skillet.
- Cut the uncooked poppadums into triangles.
- Place 2 poppadums into the hot oil at a time Cook until they turn a lighter color and puff up (about 10 seconds).
- Using a spatula or tongs remove from oil and place on a double layer of paper towels.
- Repeat for remaining poppadum disks.
- Poppadum Disks (if cooked):.
- Place in oven at 375 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
- To serve:.
- Spoon curried chicken salad onto the center of each crisp.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of toasted coconut and a cilantro sprig.