Regina Marie's Note:
Excellent as an appetizer or snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise (or regular if desired)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/3 cup salted roasted cashews, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- pappadams, disks (likely found at your favorite Italian eatery or market(preferably cooked)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut, toasted
- 1Chicken salad:.
- 2Combine curry powder and coconut milk in small saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Heat until mixture becomes a thick paste.
- 4Let cool.
- 5In a medium bowl combine shredded chicken and red onion.
- 6Add mayonnaise and curry/coconut milk mix.
- 7Stir until mixed.
- 8Add the diced mango, cashews and cilantro.
- 9Add salt and pepper as needed.
- 10Poppadum Disks (if uncooked):.
- 11Heat peanut oil in small skillet.
- 12Cut the uncooked poppadums into triangles.
- 13Place 2 poppadums into the hot oil at a time Cook until they turn a lighter color and puff up (about 10 seconds).
- 14Using a spatula or tongs remove from oil and place on a double layer of paper towels.
- 15Repeat for remaining poppadum disks.
- 16Poppadum Disks (if cooked):.
- 17Place in oven at 375 degrees F for 3-5 minutes.
- 18To serve:.
- 19Spoon curried chicken salad onto the center of each crisp.
- 20Garnish with a sprinkle of toasted coconut and a cilantro sprig.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Salad on a Poppadum Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.0 mg
- Sodium 242.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 12.3 g