This is a very delicious salad. I make it quite often. It's one of our favorites! Prep time is the time it takes to roast the chicken breasts. Time does not reflect chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
- olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups good mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Major Grey chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 large celery ribs, medium diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion (2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole roasted salted cashews
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil.
- 3Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked.
- 5Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 6Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin and dice the chicken into bite size pieces.
- 7For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder and 1 1/2 tsp salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- 8Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well.
- 9Add the celery, scallions, raisins, and mix well.
- 10Chill for several hours to let the flavors blend.
- 11Add the cashews and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.9
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 675.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Major Grey chutney