Recipe by BeachGirl
No matter how much I make, we devour all of this chicken salad. The secret: pecans and lots of curry (and I don't usually like curry). I prefer adding raisins, but omit them when DD is indulging with us. Serve it as sandwiches, on lettuce as a salad, or with crackers for an appetizer spread. DS even eats this for breakfast.
Top Review by love4culinary
Wow..wow wow wow wow wow wow!!! Thats all I can say! haha. This is EXCELLENT!!! I enjoyed this SOOO much. I had it for lunch today. Wow.. the raisins are really a key ingredient to this recipe... DEFINITELY USE THE RAISINS!! I used a lot of curry powder too hehe.. lots of curry powder=YUMM YUMMMM YUMMMMMMM! Thank you so much beachgirl. This is definitely a recipe I will have again!!!!
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 -3 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecan halves, broken in half
- 3⁄4-1 cup low-fat mayonnaise or 3⁄4-1 cup regular mayonnaise
- 3 -5 teaspoons curry powder (may want to add more)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, add chicken and curry and stir to coat.
- If using raisins or sugar, add them to bowl now.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently stir to incorporate ingredients.
- Taste and adjust amount of curry powder.
- We love it with LOTS, the more the better.
- Eat at room temperature or chilled.