Recipe by GuavaJelli
Yummy, creamy chicken salad with a slight slow heat to it. Great way to enjoy a curry dish on a hot day!
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 6 cups water or 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 large gala apple, chopped
- 4 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons curry, power
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Over low heat, poach chicken tenders in stock until no longer pink inside, 15 minutes.
- Remove tenders to cool, discard stock and add olive oil to pot.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft but not brown, 3-5 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside to cool.
- Add potatoes and carrots to pot, cover with water and boil until just softened, not mushy (10 Minutes).
- While potatoes and carrots cook, chop or pull apart cooled tenders into bite sized pieces; set aside.
- Remove carrots and potatoes from water and let cool.
- While carrots and potatoes cool, whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, curry powder, salt, pepper and hot sauce in a large plastic bowl.
- Fold cooled chicken, onion and garlic, potatoes and carrots, apples and raisins into mayo mixture. Make sure all pieces are well coated.
- Refrigerate anywhere from 4 hours to overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with rice or hunks of bread for dinner, or make sandwiches for lunch.