Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a lunch favorite around here!
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 6 ounces cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄4 cup canned crushed pineapple, unsweetened,drained
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, curry powder, ginger, salt, and mayonnaise.
- Add chicken and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Chill for several hours to blend flavors.
Yum! This made a delicious sandwich! It was a nice change from normal chicken salads, since the pineapples and raisins gave it a sweet flavor. I omitted the bell pepper since I didn't have on hand, and used onion powder in place of the minced onions because my mother can't eat raw onions. I can see why this is a favorite in your household! I'll definitely be making it again!
This was made using a 12 oz can of white meat chicken. There was enough yogurt and pineapple for the mixture. The mayonnaise was probably reduced by half. The raisins became craisins. I would add additional curry powder next time and I think that some chopped nuts would add a nice crunch.