This salad is perfect for a baby or bridal shower. It can be made ahead, and holds up nicely. Leftovers are good too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh radish sprouts
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch strips
- 16 ounces frozen sweet baby peas, thawed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 18 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Spread lettuce in an even layer in a 4 quart bowl.
- 2Top with layers of bean sprouts, water chestnuts, green onions, cucumber, and chicken. Arrange peas on top.
- 3In a bowl, stir together Mayo, curry powder, sugar and ginger. Spread evely over salad.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours up to 24 hours.
- 5Sprinkle salad with peanuts and raisins.
- 6Arrange tomatoes around edge of bowl, cut side up.
- 7Transport in a cooler. To serve, use a spoon and fork to lift out some of each layer.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.2
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 477.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: