Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is perfect for a baby or bridal shower. It can be made ahead, and holds up nicely. Leftovers are good too!
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh radish sprouts
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch strips
- 16 ounces frozen sweet baby peas, thawed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 18 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Spread lettuce in an even layer in a 4 quart bowl.
- Top with layers of bean sprouts, water chestnuts, green onions, cucumber, and chicken. Arrange peas on top.
- In a bowl, stir together Mayo, curry powder, sugar and ginger. Spread evely over salad.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours up to 24 hours.
- Sprinkle salad with peanuts and raisins.
- Arrange tomatoes around edge of bowl, cut side up.
- Transport in a cooler. To serve, use a spoon and fork to lift out some of each layer.