Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great dish to serve for summer entertaining.Serve with a rice salad and green salad.
Make and share this Curried Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup roasted salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Bring 3 cups water and chicken broth to a simmer in a large skillet.
- Add the chicken breasts and simmer, uncovered for 6 mins, Remove pan from heat and let stand, covered for a furthur 15 mins, until cooked through.
- Drain chicken and let cool.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes.
- While chicken is cooling, whisk together mayonnaise, yoghurt, curry, lime juice, honey, ginger, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, onion, grapes and cashews and stir gently together.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
YUMMMMMM I'm so happy to be the first to rate this wonderful recipe, If you are a curry lover this is a must-try! I made this using leftover chicken breast that I had in my freezer, and doubled the complete recipe. What a great salad, my family really enjoyed this, the flavors blend together wonderful, I look forward to making this again soon! thanks ChefDebs!...Kitten:)