Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice change from the standard chicken salad recipe. It's pretty spicy / tangy from the mustard and the spices. I like it on whole grain bread. [Loosely adapted from an episode of $40 A Day]
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, mustard, curry powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, and add to the mixture along with the raisins and cashews.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.