1/5 Photos of Curried Chicken Salad
Delicious main dish salad, perfect for a summer lunch or light supper. I typically use Madras (hot) curry powder, but used a mild blend in this dish as I felt it would benefit from a lighter flavor. Use your own preference and adjust the amount to suit your taste. I garnished with fresh cilantro to add some color, but also ended up really enjoying the flavor it added. The original recipe does not give any chill time, but I think it tastes more balanced after some time in the fridge. -Adapted from Gourmet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (I skipped and just used water to cook the breasts)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 5 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (3/4 lb) firm-ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1Bring water and chicken broth to a simmer in a 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- 2Add chicken and simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, cover pan, then let stand until chicken is cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- 4Move chicken to a plate, let cool 10 minutes, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 5While chicken is cooling, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, curry, lime juice, honey, ginger, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- 6Add chicken, onion, mango, grapes, and cashews; gently stir to combine.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.6
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 715.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: