Recipe by evelyn/athens
By Serena Bass and found at Leite's Culinaria. These are wickedly-good, little appetizers.
Top Review by Luv2bake777
Great recipe and went over well at the party! We rolled it in balls. Coconut topping was the finishing touch! Would be a great chicken salad recipe too! Everyone wanted the recipe!!! Definitely would recommend.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, pounded lightly at the thick end
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped medium-fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted on a baking sheet at 350 F (175 C)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the stock and chicken breast in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Cover, bring to a simmer, then cook for 8 minutes.
- Set aside until completely cooled. This could be done the day before.
- Remove the chicken from the stock (saving the liquid for a soup) and chop medium-fine.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with the mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add the chicken, onion, curry powder, walnuts, and salt; mix together gently.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours — it's much easier to roll when cold.
- Dampen your hands and lightly roll the mixture into 3/4-inch balls.
- Press on a coating of toasted coconut and, if you can, serve this hors d'oeuvre within an hour so the coconut will stay crunchy.