1/2 Photos of Curried Chicken Rolled in Toasted Coconut
By Serena Bass and found at Leite's Culinaria. These are wickedly-good, little appetizers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breasts, pounded lightly at the thick end
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped medium-fine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted on a baking sheet at 350 F (175 C)
- 1Put the stock and chicken breast in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 2Cover, bring to a simmer, then cook for 8 minutes.
- 3Set aside until completely cooled. This could be done the day before.
- 4Remove the chicken from the stock (saving the liquid for a soup) and chop medium-fine.
- 5In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with the mayonnaise until smooth.
- 6Add the chicken, onion, curry powder, walnuts, and salt; mix together gently.
- 7Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours — it's much easier to roll when cold.
- 8Dampen your hands and lightly roll the mixture into 3/4-inch balls.
- 9Press on a coating of toasted coconut and, if you can, serve this hors d'oeuvre within an hour so the coconut will stay crunchy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken Rolled in Toasted Coconut
Serving Size: 1 (998 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 76.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: