Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so yummy! I always have to double it so that we have enough because everyone wants 2nds & 3rds, plus leftovers for the next day's lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over med-high heat. Add onion & garlic, cook until translucent.
- Add chicken broth & stewed tomatoes (chopped up), bring to a boil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; when chicken is thoroughly cooked, soup is ready.