Recipe by bert
Wonderful appetizers that are a little fussy but well worth the effort.
Top Review by Carrie Ann
These were fantastic! The only thing I did differently was to add 1 teaspoon of curry powder and 1 tablespoon of Major Grey chutney to the cream cheese. It's a good thing I made 2 batches of these because they were gobbled up faster than I could get them out of the oven and on to the plate.I'd like to bring to notice though, that part of step 1 has been ommited; the butter as well as the water should be placed in the pot and brought to boil.Also, when the puffs are done, they should be hollowed out for the filling.If you're looking for something different to seve instead of the same old shrimp tray, this is it! Thanks, Bert, for another great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash curry powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add flour and salt; stir vigorously over low heat til mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat; add eggs one at a time, beating til smooth.
- Place a level tablespoon of batter on ungreased sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, milk, salt, curry powder& pepper, mixing until well blended.
- Add Chicken, almonds& onion; mix lightly.
- Cut tops from the puffs and fill with chicken mixture.
- Replace tops.
- Place puffs on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 5 minutes or until warm.