Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking July/Aug 2001. This was submitted by Marilou Robinson of Portland, OR and I can't thank her enough! This is the first recipe for chicken salad I've ever made and they are sooooo yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 1 cup halved green grape
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 pita bread, halved and toasted
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine mayonaisse, honey and curry powder.
- Stir in the chicken, grapes, pecans and green onions.
- Line pitas with lettuce leaves and fill with chicken mixture.
Wonderfully easy and delicious. I grilled my chicken breasts on an indoor grill and seasoned them with garlic salt and some cayenne powder. I served the curry chicken in pitas with lettuce. I didn't have the other ingredients but it was still wonderful. The cayenne adds a great kick.