Recipe by ThaGirl4Ya
I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman website. I use craisins in lieu of raisins, celery seed instead of celery ribs, and skinless boneless grilled chicken (Creating the broth with bouillon). http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/08/curried-chicken-pasta-salad/
- 1360.77 g skinless chicken breasts, bone in
- 170.09 g dry pasta
- 4 celery ribs, Thinly Sliced, Leaves Included (use Interior Ribs)
- 59.14 ml shallot (diced)
- 177.44 ml golden raisin (or craisins)
- 177.44 ml slivered almonds
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 44.37 ml curry powder (to taste)
- 14.79 ml sugar (to taste)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a pot of water.
- Season chicken and add to water to boil for 20-25 minutes (until done).
- Remove chicken from water and set on a plate to cool.
- Add and cook pasta in chicken broth.
- Drain pasta when fully cooked.
- Separate chicken from the bone & Dice/shred chicken.
- In a bowl, Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream, curry powder, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Add chicken, drained pasta, sliced celery, raisins, shallots and almonds.
- Fold together with a rubber spatula.
- Make sure it's all combined, then add more of whatever it needs.
- Make sure the sweet/savory balance is right for you! (I like mine a little sweet.).
- Chill for several hours. Serve with juicy grapes on the side.