Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the Perricone Promise diet book.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs firm tofu, cubed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pieces fresh gingerroot, quarter-sized, peeled and minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder, to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Sprinkle the chicken or tofu with the lime juice and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the curry powder, stir well, and continue to sauté the mixture for 3 more minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes and juice. Stir, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover the skillet and add the chicken or tofu. Stir well and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked; if you’re using tofu, 3 to 5 minutes should be enough cooking time. Serve immediately.
This is a very light and aromatic dish. Instead of chicken, I would probably use seafood, which would suit the citris flavours.