Recipe by ~Leslie~
Imaginative fillings folded inside flat breads are popular (and delicious) all over the world. This is a new twist on an old favourite! Be sure to use the thicker, full fat coconut milk. I got this one from Food and Drink Magazine ;)
Top Review by Jostlori
Yum! This was a most excellent way to use leftover chicken! Made for ZWT8 - India, and used leftover homemade Naan, tandoori chicken. Like Pat, we used at least twice as much curry as called for and it was fantastic! This would also be great on top of a bed of lettuce as a salad. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups bite-sized cooked chicken pieces
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained canned
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk, full-fat well stirred
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 4 naan bread
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup English cucumber, julienned
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss chicken, chickpeas, red pepper, green onion and raisins in a medium bowl until combined. Stir coconut milk with orange juice, sugar and curry powder until sugar dissolves. Stir into chicken mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to a day.
- When ready to serve, stir cashews into chicken mixture. Warm naan in toaster oven or in dry skillet set over medium-low heat.
- Turn naan breads upside down; divide filling lengthwise down centre. Fold over and stuff with spinach and cucumber. Serve with extra raisins and cashews as well as toasted unsweetened coconut and coarsely chopped coriander, if desired.