Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, from "Quick Cuisine" by Kuhn Rikon. For less tangy dressing, use 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup light mayonnaise for the 1 cup of yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups grapes, cut in halves
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- lettuce, for bed under salad
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a 2.5-quart Pressure Frypan or larger pressure cooker, heat vegetable oil over high heat.
- Pat chicken dry and add chicken and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add lentils, water and curry powder. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Close lid and bring pressure to 1st red ring over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at 1st red ring. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use Natural Release Method.
- Remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, carve meat off the bone and cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Let lentils and chicken pieces cool completely.
- Mix lentils and chicken with grapes, cashews and celery.
- Mix yogurt and curry powder until well blended.
- Serve salad on a bed of lettuce. Pass dressing separately.