Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
These can be done on the outdoor grill, stove top or oven. Courtesy of: Central Market
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Since I have a love for foods made with curry, I had to try this recipe, I increased all spices slightly (just personal preference) I used regular curry powder for this, and made them on my indoor grill, I marinated the chicken for most of the day, myself and DH really enjoyed these kebobs tonight for dinner, I served them with basmati rice. Thanks for a fantastic recipe Sandi!...Kitten:)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mirin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the coriander, cumin, curry and turmeric in a dry skillet and toast over low heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the toasted spices to a large bowl with the coconut milk, olive oil, vinegar, mirin, honey and a hefty pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk all the ingredients until well combined.
- Add the cubed chicken and toss to coat well with the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare your gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Loosely thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 4 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through.
- You can also cook the kebabs in a grill pan or 425 degree oven.