Prep 55 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Put desiccated coconut to soak in a pint of boiling water for a couple of hours.
- Sieve and strain.
- Only the liquid is used.
- Cut up a chicken or use chicken pieces.
- Melt butter or good dripping in pan, add finely chopped onion, curry powder, a pinch of ground cloves and cinnamon.
- Fry stirring constantly, till brown.
- Add chicken pieces and fry these until brown.
- Add salt, the warmed coconut liquid.
- Cover saucepan, and simmer gently till chicken is tender.