Recipe by SuzieQue
This is our favorite dish for family get togethers. We usually have to make 3 or 4 pans so everyone can have seconds.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Oh, YUM!! This is SO good! I cut this to 4 and it came out perfectly! I omitted the oil, and used the butter to saute the chicken. I used 2 TBS curry, it was just right. The spinach is delicious! This goes into my keepers file! Thanks suzyq, you got a winner here!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry
- 2 large lemons
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup good mayonnaise
- 1 -3 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze juice from one lemon over chicken breasts and let sit for 15- 20 minutes at room temp.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts and cook in hot oil until lightly browned (about 10 minutes).
- Put spinach (drained and squeezed of as much water as possible) into bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of spinach.
- Place browned chicken breasts on top of cheese.
- Mix soup, sour cream, mayo, juice from second lemon, and curry powder (to your taste).
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice.