Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is easy. You can also put steamed cauliflower,or peas when you add the soup. Serve over rice. Top with fried onions (you can find in the Indian section of your grocery store).
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced in two and seasoned with
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 onions, sliced in rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and butter.
- When hot, saute onions and garlic till soft, remove onions and garlic.
- Add more oil if needed and brown 4 boneless chicken breast.
- Add to chicken cream of mushroom soup and 1/2-cup water.
- Return onions and spices back to pan with chicken mixture; cover and simmer until done.
- If you'd like you can top with Gourmet crispy fried onions (Chirag) Found in the Indian food section.
A yummy, lovely lemon-colored dish with tasty chicken and a nice creamy gravy that was perfect over steamed rice. I substituted dry white wine for the water and doubled the curry, as we like it a lot! I dumpted everything in a crockpot, including 1/2 cup raisins, and cooked about 5 hours. Ohhhh, so tender and creamy. I sprinkled top with toasted almonds. I will make this again, Served over bed of rice, this makes a pretty and delicious main-course potluck meal.
Just the right amount of curry flavor. This is a quick and easy dish that I will make again.
Since this dish is quick & easy to prepare, its great for a week night dinner. My local market didn't have "fried onions" & I cut the recipe in half for 2 servings. It had just the right amount of spice for our tastes & the sauce was perfect over steamed rice. A green veg completed the meal. Thanx Rita!!