Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A light curry dressing binds this salad together
Top Review by Donna Matthews
I wanted to use up some rice and was in the mood for curry. This salad was perfect. I only had green bell peppers, and had to use a combo of some sweet white onions and some chives instead of the green onions, but otherwise had everything else on hand. I especially liked the little zing from the marinating liquid added into the curry dressing. This is a great summer dinner salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 4 green onions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jarquartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces (reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reserved artichoke marinade
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing: whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the salad: in a medium bowl, combine all the salad ingredients; toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours to let the flavors blend.
- If the salad seems dry, add a little more dressing or mayonnaise before serving.