Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great on sandwiches or as a dip for crackers and pita chips. My 2 year old daughter loves to just eat it with a spoon!
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 medium apple, diced
- 1⁄4 slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup Smart Beat fat free mayonnaise
- Fold all ingredients together. Chill for at least 2 hours to let flavors blend. Serve in as a sandwich filling or as a dip for crackers or pita chips.
Good salad. I gather that 1/4 slivered almond means 1/4 cup, at least that is the amount I used. On the other hand, I am not sure why the almonds were included in the recipe. They did not add anything to the salad. At first the salad seemed a bit bland (couldn't resist tasting at once) but after a while in the fridge (and in the instruction it also says to chill for at least 2 hours, I shouldn't be so impatient) the flavours came together and it was spicy, fresh and tasty. The salad was a bit dry, maybe some more mayo would fix that. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC, Autumn 2008.