Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I grabbed this form a healthy eating cookbook put out by "The Australian Women's Weekly" It sounds interesting so putting here for safe keeping.
- 1 tablespoon low fat margarine
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup basmati rice
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 medium zucchini, grated coarsely
- Melt margarine in large saucepan.
- Cook onion and garlic, stirring until onion softens.
- Add curry powder; cook, stirring until mixture is fragrant.
- Add riced and chicken; cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini; cook stirring, about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Fabulous soup - interesting too as it is a little bit different so my usual tomato based soups. I doubled the curry powder and added salt and pepper and it really is fabulous.
We loved this curry soup! I reduced the amount of chicken and added extra curry since we like do like our curry! The chicken was easily cooked through before I added the zucchini, so we just heated until the zucchini was hot in Step 6, just took a minute or two. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow. Made for ZWT5.