Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a British friend 40 years ago. Choose any vegetables you like to add to the simple curried white sauce. Add the chicken (or shrimp, or lamb or whatever), serve over rice and you have a complete meal.
- Sautee vegetables in butter until tender.
- Add curry powder, salt, sugar, ginger, and flour, stirring until completely mixed and bubbley.
- Stirring constantly, add chicken broth slowly enough to keep the mixture from lumping.
- Continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Add milk, chicken and lemon juice, heating to a serving temperature.
- Serve over hot rice (we like brown rice, but choose your favorite).