I love chicken salads, and I love curried chicken. Although this recipe is for 6, that's only if none of those 6 are me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 4 cups cooked long-grain white rice, , cooled
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen tiny peas, , thawed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained,chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or 1/2 cup dried currant
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and curry powder and sauté 5 minutes.
- 3Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- 4Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- 5Mix in rice, peas, bell peppers, raisins and cilantro.
- 6Whisk remaining 3/4 cup oil, vinegar and cumin in small bowl to blend.
- 7Add enough dressing to salad to season to taste; toss well.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chicken and Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 868.0
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 491.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar