Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love chicken salads, and I love curried chicken. Although this recipe is for 6, that's only if none of those 6 are me!
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 4 cups cooked long-grain white rice, , cooled
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen tiny peas, , thawed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and curry powder and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- Mix in rice, peas, bell peppers, raisins and cilantro.
- Whisk remaining 3/4 cup oil, vinegar and cumin in small bowl to blend.
- Add enough dressing to salad to season to taste; toss well.
I did not care for this recipe. It was a pretty dish, but there were too many DIFFERENT textures and tastes for me. It took much longer to cook. Rice takes 20 minutes. I added more currants to add some sweetness to the recipe, but my family was not crazy about it. thanks for an interesting taste though, we don't use a lot of curry so it may have been our tastebuds. I sure did enjoy trying a new recipe though. Thanks for submitting.