Recipe by breezermom
This is a good curry dish. It also looks very pretty...good enough for company! Serve it with sweet and/or spicy chutney! Although the recipe says it serves 4, I think it serves 6. You could also use this recipe for curried shrimp by substituting 1 1/4 lbs shelled and deveined shrimp. Enjoy!
Top Review by pammyowl
This dish was absolutely delicious! I did cut it down and basically estimated the amounts, a dash of this and a splash of that, but the ens result was outstanding! Made for Zaar Stars, 2013
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, Basic Chicken Stock
- 1 cup canned tomato, drained and coarsly chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, broken into small flowerets
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt or 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a 12 inch skillet over moderate heat. Add the chicken and saute until no longer pink on the outside -- about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to another plate. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook 5 minutes Add the curry powder, cinnamon, and cloves. Saute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir rice, stock, tomatoes, cauliflower and raisins. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, add the peas, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt.