Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
Tender strips of seasoned chicken and juicy pineapple chunks, great on the barbeque!
Make and share this Curried Chicken and Pineapple Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 566.99 g chicken cutlets (approx 4 or 625g)
- 1 fresh pineapple, prepared and cut into 24 cubes or 24 canned pineapple chunks
- 4.92 ml orange rind, grated
- 29.58 ml fresh orange juice
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 9.85 ml lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7.39 ml mild curry paste
- 4.92 ml honey
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- In a bowl whisk together all the marinade ingredients above; set aside.
- Between plastic wrap, pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness; cut cross-wise into 1 inch wide strips.
- Add chicken to marinade, toss well; cover bowl and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To assemble skewers: weave chicken onto 24- 4 inch skewers (if using wooden skewers remember to soak them in water first!) put a pineapple chunk on each end of the skewer.
- (To make ahead: you can cover and refrigerate them for up to 8 hours at this point).
- To cook: place skewers on greased grill over medium-high heat or under the broiler in the oven and cook, turning once, for approximately 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.