Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very rich version of a chicken casserole. It's great way to use leftovers and not have dinner TASTE like you're having leftovers! It's also a great party dish AND it's very flexible. You can substitute asparagus for the broccoli, turkey for the chicken, add a layer of sauted mushrooms or substitute the cream of chicken for cream of mushroom. My family is not "BIG" on casseroles, but they love this version of the traditional favorite.
- 8 ounces macaroni, any shape, cooked to al dente
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 3 cups cooked broccoli, steamed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 x13 baking dish or casserole with cooking spray. Arrange cooked macaroni in an even layer over the bottom of the dish, add a layer of cooked chicken and follow with the steamed broccoli.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, add the butter and oil. Saute the onion til translucent, add the minced garlic and stir to incorporate and remove from heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the sour cream, soup and curry powder til well blended. Add the onion/garlic mixture, stir to incorporate. Spoon this mixture evenly over the top of the mac/chicken/broccoli casserole. Spread the grated cheddar cheese evenly over the top. Sprinkle liberally with paprika. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes Let rest 5 minutes before serving.