Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I refer to this as "best friend casserole" because it was given to my mom from her best friend, who is no longer with us. I guarantee after you make it, you will call me your best friend! Delicious dish!! We make this often and it is great served over rice. You'll love it.
- 2 2⁄3 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans artichoke hearts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 cup soft bread cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat olive oil and saute garlic and drained artichoke hearts together.
- Put mixture in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix together mayonnaise, soup, lemon juice and curry powder and pour over the chicken and artichoke hearts.
- Top with bread cubes and cheese then drizzle melted butter over top.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
I took a little different approach than what I think the chef had insunuated in this receipt. After sauteing the garlic, I cooked the chicken in the skillet with the olive oil and then added the artichoke hearts. I sustituted a light mayonaise to cut back on fat and used a low fat cheese. The outcome was absolutely wonderful. I made the dish up, minus the cheese and bread cubes and left overnight in the refrigerator. I also wondered about the portion of bread cubes. It just didn't seem much. I suppose I added about a cup and half of cubes to the top of the dish prior to topping it with the cheese and butter. Like almost all dishes I cook, of course I had to add the extra cheese on it. The casserole went over very well at the potluck and I will defintely make this again .. after all it was my best friend casserole as well because those that ate it wanted to be my best friend ... Thanks a lot ..