Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adopted this from the recipezaar account in early 2005. Have not had a chance to make it yet but will be making it soon and will be 'tweeking' the ingredients and directions if necessary.
- 3 chicken breasts, halved
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, Sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 apple, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger, Ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry; dredge in flour.
- Spray a large non stick skillet with vegetable spray; heat over medium high.
- Add chicken and cook just until brown; turn and brown other side.
- Put chicken in a medium size shallow casserole.
- In skillet over low heat, cook onion in 1 T water 5 minutes; add apple and cook 1 minute.
- Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with spices.
- Pour broth over all.
- Bake, covered, 55 min or until tender.
- Add raisins and cook 5 minutes longer.
I will make this again, but with a lot more curry. When I think curried chicken, I think Strong flavor which this lacked. The raisins were a real treat though. Thanks for posting this.
Yum! My boyfriend and I love this. The second time I made it, I doubled all the spices to make it a little tastier and it came out great (still not too spicy). The spices and onion mixed with the sweetness of the apple and raisins is really wonderful!