Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 large onion, cut in fine half rings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- hot pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Season chicken with salt, curry powder, onions, rosemary, garlic, pepper and thyme.
- Marinate for 2 hours, or in refrigerator overnight.
- In a heavy skillet, brown the chicken pieces lightly in oil for approximately 20 minutes.
- Check constantly to make sure nothing sticks.
- Add water and simmer for another 20 minutes until tender.
- Serve over white rice. (Serves 4).