Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has a sweet, mildly spicy and creamy sauce.
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 green apple, quartered, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- coarse salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe dish with lid, stir together onion, apple, garlic, ketchup and curry powder.
- Add 1/4 cup water.
- Season with salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Add chicken; season with salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes longer or until chicken is opaque throughout. Lift chicken from dish, and divide among four serving plates.
- Stir yogurt into onion-apple mixture in dish; spoon sauce over chicken, and sprinkle cilantro over each plate.
- Serve with rice or noodles, if desired.