Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
- 4 -5 chicken quarters, cut up and skinned
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange the chicken in a shallow backing pan. Chop the onion, and scatter it over the chicken.
- Melt the butter in a small, heavy skillet and saute' the curry powder in it for a couple of minutes-just until it starts to smell good.
- Mix together the cream, garlic, water, and saute'ed curry powder and pour this over the chicken. Bake it, uncovered, for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes, turning the chicken over every 20 to 30 minutes so that the sauce flavors both sides.
- To serve, arrange the chicken on a platter. Take the sauce in the pan (it will look dreadful, sort of curdled up, but it will smell like heaven) and scrape it all into your blender. Blend it with a little more water or cream, if necessary, to get a nice, rich, golden sauce. Pour it over the chicken and serve.
- This recipe is from the book "500 Low-carb Recipes" by Dana Carpender.