1/3 Photos of Curried Chick Peas and Mixed Vegetables
Chick peas, cultivated mainly in the northern regions of India, are often combined with a mixture of vegetables, creating interestind dishes. Simple and basic this dish has many variations. Spoon it over any hot, cooked grain such as rice, millet, or bulgur.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small flowerets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can salt-free stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup peas
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic.
- 2Sprinkle with curry powder, cumin, and cayeene. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently and adding small amounts of water as necessary, about a tablespoon at a time, to prevent sticking.
- 3Add cauliflower and water to skillet. When water boils, reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet and simmer 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender crisp.
- 4Add remaining ingredients, mixing well. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Chick Peas and Mixed Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 423.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.3 g