- oil, for deep-frying
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 5 teaspoons chopped scallions, both white and green parts
- curry powder
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- sweet and sour sauce, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to 350F.
- Divide cream cheese into 20 equal parts.
- Place a cream cheese cube on top of each wonton wrapper.
- Top each with about ¼ t scallion and a dash or 2 of curry powder.
- Brush 2 adjacent sides of each wrapper with beaten egg and fold wrapper to seal into a triangular shape.
- Deep-fry wontons in hot oil until golden.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot with a bowl of sweet and sour sauce on the side.