Chick peas are my favorite beans. If you like them too, you might want to try this fast and easy Caribbean recipe. Altered slightly to suit my BF's preferences. Update: Original recipe called for 2 tablespoons curry powder. I reduced that to 1 tablespoon but suggest that you add 1-3 teaspoons more, according to taste. Due to a reviewer's comment I also suggest that you add hot sauce to taste. This is very flavorful and easy to make, I think you will like it. Ketchup adds a certain measure of sweetness.
- Drain chick peas, retaining 4 ounces of the liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add onion and garlic and fry until softened.
- Add curry powder and cook gently, stirring, for one minute.
- Add the drained chick peas and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients plus the reserved liquid, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer gently for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.