Recipe by Tebo
This can be a hot vegetable course or a cold chutney!! Good with chicken, pork and shrimp. Excellent the following day with cold meats.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
None of us could get enthusiastic about this recipe. It was just too bland for all of our tastes [2 adults and a toddler] and was lacking in something. Maybe some chicken stock might help liven it up. Side dish maybe, main dish - no. The curry was barely perceptible and this recipe would have benefitted from more. The recipe was however easy enough to make.
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tart apple, peeled,cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put celery in a saucepan and add boiling water to a 1/2 inch depth.
- Cover and boil 5 minutes (celery to remain crisp).
- Drain reserving cooking water and set celery aside.
- Saute apples and onion in butter in same pan until onion is transparent.
- Blend in cornstarch and curry powder, cook 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup reserved water and cook 5 minutes.
- Add celery and pepper.
- Can be served hot or cold.