Curried Cauliflower Soup (DrWeil)
- Put the cashews in a blender and blend until finely ground. Add ¾ cup water and blend for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cashew mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon. Discard the solids.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onion and sauté until golden.
- Add the cauliflower, coconut milk, strained cashew milk, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sugar, cinnamon, and salt as needed. Add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until the desired consistency is reached. If using a standing blender, allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes. Pour the soup into the blender. Hold the lid down firmly with a clean, folded towel over it. Start on low speed and blend until the soup is smooth. Return to the pot and reheat if serving hot.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with the caramelized onions and cilantro before serving.