1/1 Photo of Curried Cauliflower Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Anna P.'s Note:
This soup can be served with toasted ham or cheese sandwiches on whole-grain country bread. Hope this recipe is the one you are looking for. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 cups, about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 onions, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups canned reduced-sodium chicken broth or 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 450F.
- 2On a baking sheet, toss cauliflower with vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3Spread out, and roast until the florets turn brown, about 25 minutes.
- 4In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high.
- 5Add the sliced onions, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in the curry powder, roasted cauliflower, the water, and the broth, cover, and bring to a boil.
- 7Uncover, lower the heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- 8Using a slotted spoon, transfer 3 cups cauliflower to a bowl, and set aside.
- 9Put the remaining florets into a blender or food processor, add 1 teaspoon salt, and process until smooth.
- 10Stir the puree into the broth in the pan, and reheat if necessary.
- 11Ladle the soup into bowls, and top with the reserved florets and parsley.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.4
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g