Recipe by lvt96
I found this on another website and wanted to put it here to find easily. It's apparently a revamped Martha Stewart recipe, and it looks delicious!
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets (about 8 cups)
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups reduced-sodium canned chicken or 2 cups vegetable broth
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a baking sheet, toss cauliflower with vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Spread out, and roast until the florets turn brown, about 25 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder, cauliflower, water, and broth; cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, lower heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer 4 cups cauliflower to a bowl, and set aside. Put remaining florets into a blender or food processor, add 1 teaspoon salt, and process until smooth. At this point I also chose to remove the onions. (You can keep them in if you like, it's just a texture thing to me.) Stir puree into broth in pan, and reheat if necessary. Ladle soup into bowls, and top with reserved florets and parsley.