Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Woman's Day publication, September 15, 2009. This is different than other cauli curry soups because it isn't pureed. Have not tried, looks yummy though!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 in. pieces (8 oz)
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen cut-leaf spinach
- plain yogurt
- 1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots; cook 4 minutes or until onions are golden and just tender.
- 2. Stir in curry powder and garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook, covered, 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.