1/1 Photo of Curried Cauliflower Soup
I found this in a Good Housekeeping magazine years ago. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add the curry powder, stirring constantly (so as not to burn it) for 1 minute.
- 4Add the cauliflower, garlic, 3 cups cold water, and salt to taste.
- 5Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the saucepan, and simmer until the cauliflower is completely tender and breaks apart easily when pierced with a sharp knife, about 20 minutes.
- 7Add the milk, bring back to a simmer, and remove from the heat.
- 8Transfer the soup to a food processor or blender or use an immersion blender, and process until smooth.
- 9Return the soup to the saucepan, season with salt and pepper to taste, and reheat over low heat before serving.
- 10Garnish each serving with some chives and a tablespoon of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 62.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g