My DH is often chilled after riding his scooter home after work and a nice bowl of soup always hits the spot. This one will definitely warm him. The flavor is really nice in this and the curry and apple shine through just right. The recipe for this came from my Vegetarian Times Magazine. I noticed they are now putting more Vegan recipes in the magazine which I think is great. I used low sodium rice wine vinegar.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped about 1 cup)
- 1 medium tart apple (peel, cored and coarely chopped)
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 1 garlic clove (sliced-1 tsp.)
- 1 large cauliflower (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 946.36 ml soup broth (veggie and low sodium if you have)
- 4.92 ml honey (I used agave nectar)
- 4.92 ml rice wine vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and saute the onion until its golden brown and soft. About 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the apple, curry, garlic and cook for 2 more minutes or until the curry powder turns a deep yellow shade.
- Add the cauliflower and veggie broth. Bring to a simmer and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes, then blend in a food processor or blender. I used a hand held emersion blender.
- Stir in the honey and vinegar.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Bon Appetit!
Oh sooooo easy and oh sooooooooo good!! My 8 year old daughter and I enjoyed this a lot! We had this for dinner along with crackers and aged white cheddar cheese. Mmmmmm...thank you for a healthy and delicious recipe:)
I found this recipe in my Vegarian times too and loved it - so simple, healhy and delicious. I was happy to find it on this site when i was travelling and wanted to make it for freinds, but did not have the recipe with me. so far everyone i have made it for loves it. ** i add a bit more onion and garlic than stated and think it works well.