1/2 Photos of Curried Cauliflower Soup
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
My DH is often chilled after riding his scooter home after work and a nice bowl of soup always hits the spot. This one will definitely warm him. The flavor is really nice in this and the curry and apple shine through just right. The recipe for this came from my Vegetarian Times Magazine. I noticed they are now putting more Vegan recipes in the magazine which I think is great. I used low sodium rice wine vinegar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped about 1 cup)
- 1 medium tart apple (peel, cored and coarely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove (sliced-1 tsp.)
- 1 large cauliflower (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 4 cups soup broth (veggie and low sodium if you have)
- 1 teaspoon honey (I used agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large pot and saute the onion until its golden brown and soft. About 5-7 minutes.
- 2Stir in the apple, curry, garlic and cook for 2 more minutes or until the curry powder turns a deep yellow shade.
- 3Add the cauliflower and veggie broth. Bring to a simmer and cover.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes, then blend in a food processor or blender. I used a hand held emersion blender.
- 5Stir in the honey and vinegar.
- 6Season with salt if desired.
- 7Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.9
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 676.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar