Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another wonderful Indian recipe from the Punjab region of India, courtesy of dear family friends. The spiciness of this recipe can be adjusted by adding/subtracting the amount of jalapeno peppers and the cayenne pepper. This dish as posted is a medium "heat".
- In a large skillet, melt margarine. Add diced vegetables, onion, green pepper and Jalapeno peppers, cook at medium heat, uncovered, for ten minutes.
- If using cauliflower, divide florets, halve, cut up stems and add to onion mixture. Otherwise add zucchini at this point.
- Cook covered at medium heat for 15 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: If desired add cubed potatoes 5 minutes after the cauliflower or zucchini.
- Add Masala and cayenne pepper. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
This is a wonderful recipe. I used cauliflower and added the "optional" potatoes which I boiled for 30 mins first. I can't wait to try this recipe with the zucchini version. I served it with steamed brown rice and DH really loved it too. Thanks Deb!