Recipe by Debloves2cook
Another wonderful Indian recipe from the Punjab region of India, courtesy of dear family friends. The spiciness of this recipe can be adjusted by adding/subtracting the amount of jalapeno peppers and the cayenne pepper. This dish as posted is a medium "heat".
Top Review by Chef RZ Fan
This is a wonderful recipe. I used cauliflower and added the "optional" potatoes which I boiled for 30 mins first. I can't wait to try this recipe with the zucchini version. I served it with steamed brown rice and DH really loved it too. Thanks Deb!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 head cauliflower or 4 -6 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt margarine. Add diced vegetables, onion, green pepper and Jalapeno peppers, cook at medium heat, uncovered, for ten minutes.
- If using cauliflower, divide florets, halve, cut up stems and add to onion mixture. Otherwise add zucchini at this point.
- Cook covered at medium heat for 15 minutes.
- OPTIONAL: If desired add cubed potatoes 5 minutes after the cauliflower or zucchini.
- Add Masala and cayenne pepper. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.