Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a warming, rich, sweet and spicy side dish. You can make a meal out of this by serving over rice. Top with fried onions.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, ground in a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (16 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large hot pan heat oil add onions, red pepper, ginger& garlic.
- Saute till translucent stirring often.
- Add cauliflower and water cover simmer and steam 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat spices in a dry pot just to release that wonderful aroma add milk, sugar,& curry.
- Pour over cauliflower stir& simmer till tender.
This was lovely! I cooked the cauliflower a little longer (I like it soft!) A great item for my low-carb lifestyle!
Great side dish! Made with Curried Lamb shanks.
I thought this was terrific. I added some thawed green peas and some chopped tomatoes. Used a bit more curry powder too. It was great hot over rice and (possibly) better cold in a tortilla. I added the leftover rice to it and the rice absored most of the liquid. Great in a tortilla. Thanks Rita