Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 9 ounces linguine, cooked
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned cut into small florets
- 3 hot chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
For the Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes, seeded,skin removed and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt & pepper
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 5 minute (longer if you do not like crisp vegetables).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat; saute mushrooms, celery, peppers& chili for 3 minutes.
- Arrange steamed cauliflower florets in a casserole dish and place sauted vegetables evenly on and around the cauliflower.
- ---Preparethe Sauce---.
- Mix the flour& curry powder together.
- Heat butter in a skillet stir in the flour/curry whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add stock, whisking as you go.
- Cook over low heat until thickened; add tomatoes,.
- then season to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower, bake covered in 350F oven for 30 minutes; uncover; bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve over cooked linguini.
I love cauliflower but family doesn't so I must disguise it. This was wonderful, my family loves curry. I did not use the pasta, but poured it over chunks of cooked chicken breasts.
Delicious! I added a can of chickpeas and served over quinoa instead of linguine. Thanks for the recipe.
Great simple sauce. I subbed zucchini for the red pepper, mushrooms, and celery.